Houston Health Department Service Linkage Program
Living with HIV requires a consistent medical care regimen, and the Houston Health Department’s HIV Service Linkage Program is designed to connect people diagnosed with HIV to primary medical care and other support services. The program helps HIV-positive individuals — who are newly diagnosed or who are not currently accessing HIV care — by providing them with short-term, intensive support in engaging with an HIV care provider. The HIV Service Linkage Program is adaptable to your individual needs and may include the following services:
- Provider Selection: Identifying and connecting with doctors experienced in treating people living with HIV.
- Financial Assistance: Enrolling in programs that help pay for doctor’s visits and medications.
- Case Management: Referral to medical case management services through doctor’s offices.
- Ancillary Services:Connecting with social service organizations providing: Substance Abuse Counseling, Mental Health Services, Dental Care, Transportation Assistance, Food Assistance, Housing/Rental Assistance, etc.
- Self-Help Hotline: Service to Linkage Referral Self-Help Hotline: 832-393-5010